jueves, 17 de octubre de 2013

There's another great company

Maybe you don't want to change your current Web Browser but what about your Email Client?

I started to work with Opera Mail (free) and let me tell you it's great.

Microsoft's Outlook is a paid product but, if you already buyed it and even so don't like it, it's a good time for testing something new.

Also for Thunderbird users. I am myself an old Thunderbird fan but Opera Mail goes way beyond. I changed as soon as I saw what this software can give me.

The best feature is how you can organize your emails as real conversations. You have a specified identifier for what email was responded and all is well shown using a couple of colors.

You also have multiple pre-defined filters, define your own flags for filtering your messages and much, much more.

Importing from Thunderbird is as easy as selecting one single file.

If you have Windows or Macx, you should give it a chance, you won't regret it (well, maybe yes, I can not be sure of course)


I'm not a number one fan, I just think that Opera is a company with great ideas and they do really good apps. I'd like to see Opera as a more popular company that they already are. 

UPDATE: if you have an account hosted in Godaddy, then I let you here how I have configured my account to be able to send messages:

Account type: POP
Incoming: pop.secureserver.net
Port number: 110 (not secure)
Authentication: Plaintext
Username: (your full email address)

Outgoing: smtpout.secureserver.net
Port number: 465 (not secure)
Authentication: AUTH PLAIN
Username: (your full email address)